Created especially for UK Sausage Week:
Arthur Pipkins Premium Chicken, Lemon and Tarragon Sausage with Tagliatelle creamy pasta.
- 10 Arthur Pipkins Premium Chicken, Lemon and Tarragon Sausages, skins removed and sliced on an angle into pieces
- 300g fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 50g bacon, smoked streaky or pancetta
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 80g Parmesan Reggiano
- 150ml double cream
- 250ml best quality chicken stock
- 1 shallot
- black pepper
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil, add the bacon or pancetta and fry until golden and crisp,then add the shallot and garlic. Continue to cook on a low heat for a further 5-6 minutes or until the onion is soft and pale and most of the liquid from the onion has evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce by ¼.
- Add the cream and the parmesan and reduce again by another ¼.
- Cook the pasta in slightly salted boiling water as per the instructions on pack.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan and some of the seasoned cooking water if necessary to help loosen the pasta.
- Cook the sliced Arthur Pipkins sausages in a frying pan.
Place in a large serving dish, sprinkle with more parmesan shavings (optional).
Finish with a twist of freshly milled pepper.
Serve with garlic bread or salad.