An impressive centrepiece alternative to a Christmas Turkey, or as a Boxing Day sharing platter.
Your Customers Won’t See This in The Supermarket!
Offer your customers something a bit different this year.
Why not make early and freeze?
- AVO Lafiness Black Garlic Oil Based Marinade or AVO Lafiness Avignon Oil Based Marinade
- Venison Sausage Meat – We used Arthur Pipkins Cranberry & Apple Sausage Mix
- The Alfresco Chef Parsley, Lemon & Thyme Stuffing Mix
- AVO French Deco Crumb
- Duck Breast or Pheasant – Sliced
- Port & Cranberry Sauce
- Smoked Streaky Bacon
Method of Preparation
- Line a round, deep tin or silicon mould with the streaky bacon, leaving two or three centimetres to hang down the outside of the tin or mould.
- Place the venison sausage meat on top of the streaky bacon and push down to ensure that it’s compact
- Add the sliced game but if using duck breast, please remove the skin. Ensure that the mix is compact
- Place a layer of sliced chicken on top
- Spoon on the cranberry and port sauce and spread evenly before adding another layer of stuffing
- Take the bacon that hangs over the side of the tin or mould and wrap it over the stuffing
- Leave to rest for at least an hour
- Turn over and out of the tin or mould.
- Fill the middle with more stuffing and cover the top with a layer of cranberry and port sauce
- Brush over with the AVO Lafiness Black Garlic or Avignon Oil Based Marinade
Cook at Home
- Pre-heat the oven. Cook at 180°C / 350°F /Gas Mark 4 until an internal temperature of 76°C is reached.
- Allow the wreath to rest before serving.
For allergen information, please refer to the relevant product specification, which can be found on our product pages.
Click below to quick-buy the ingredients bundle
For more great recipes, download our FREE Recipe Book.