Created especially for UK Sausage Week:
Arthur Pipkins Premium Lamb and Apricot Sausage with Harissa Couscous
- 8 Arthur Pipkins Premium Lamb and Apricot Sausage
- 2 fresh apricots halved and grilled
- 2 tbsp Ras el Hanout (add extra cayenne to taste)
- 2 large onions
- 1 courgette
- ½ aubergine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp argan oil -(olive oil if not available)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 570ml tomato juice
- 2 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 115g dried apricots, cut in half
- 55g pitted dates, cut in half
- 55g sultanas or raisins
- 85g flaked almonds
- 1 tsp saffron, soaked in cold water
- 600ml quality chicken stock
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Add the oil to a pan, with the onions and garlic and cook for about 5 mins uncovered, stirring frequently to get a good golden colour.
- Add the Ras el Hanout spices and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Add the saffron and chicken stock.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 3 hours. For the best flavour leave for 24 hours.
- Reheat the tagine sauce and serve the succulent Arthur Pipkins sausages with harissa cous cous, tagine sauce and a good dollop of natural yoghurt.