Innovative Food Ingredients support UK Sausage Week 2018
In collaboration with premium sausage mix brand Arthur Pipkins and Newly Weds® Foods, Innovative Food Ingredients are delighted to support the forthcoming UK Sausage Week, beginning on 29th October through to 4th November 2018.
Arthur Pipkins will be sharing some new and exciting recipes from his recent adventures. A mixture of classic sausage recipes found on his travels around the U.K. as well as some exotic recipes from across the globe.
Exciting New Recipes
These recipes have been brought to life by the Newly Weds® Foods in-house Development Chef, Chris McGowan and will be posted online and across social media every day throughout Sausage week.
Chef Chris has also created a meal centred around his favourite Venison Sausage, this is one for the real foodies out there. Watch this space!
All the complete sausage mixes showcased are available here
With the 29th October 2018 fast approaching, Arthur Pipkins wanted to share some interesting sausage facts with you:
- The word sausage is derived from the Latin word ‘salsus’ which means something salted.
- It is believed that sausages were brought to Britain by the Romans sometime before 400 AD. Since then, various English counties have each had their own way of flavouring their local sausage – e.g. Lincolnshire uses fresh Sage and Cheshire uses Caraway and Coriander.
- There are more than 500 recipes and flavours for sausages in Britain.
- Sausages are mentioned in The Odyssey which was written by Homer more than 2,700 years ago
- Sausages were called bangers during World War II because they contained so much water they exploded when fried!!
- Classic Pork sausages are the nation’s favourite, with other popular varieties including Cumberland, Lincolnshire, Pork and Apple, Pork and Leek and Pork and Herb. Newer flavours gaining in popularity include pork and caramelised onion and pork and sweet chilli.
Source: Love Pork
View the Arthur Pipkins range of Sausage Mixes
An attractive and diverse range of products on display at a farm shop in Lancashire.
A more Autumnal feel to Innovative Food Ingredient’s Product Demonstrations.
- A customer favourite… Lafiness Coffee & Black Pepper on Rib Eye Steak. An exotic and spicy blend of ingredients including black pepper, paprika and a bittersweet roasted coffee flavour. Gluten FREE! Superb with all meats but Perfect with Beef and Game.
- Creamy Lafiness Herb Butter on Chicken Fillets. Flavours include; butter, savoury herbs and spices, garlic and a hint of lemon.
If you like the look of our latest demonstration please get in touch. One of our qualified butchers will create a bespoke demonstration based on innovative product ideas, versatility and generating more profit.
Get in touch today