With the 29th October 2018 fast approaching, Arthur Pipkins wanted to share some interesting sausage facts with you:
- The word sausage is derived from the Latin word ‘salsus’ which means something salted.
- It is believed that sausages were brought to Britain by the Romans sometime before 400 AD. Since then, various English counties have each had their own way of flavouring their local sausage – e.g. Lincolnshire uses fresh Sage and Cheshire uses Caraway and Coriander.
- There are more than 500 recipes and flavours for sausages in Britain.
- Sausages are mentioned in The Odyssey which was written by Homer more than 2,700 years ago
- Sausages were called bangers during World War II because they contained so much water they exploded when fried!!
- Classic Pork sausages are the nation’s favourite, with other popular varieties including Cumberland, Lincolnshire, Pork and Apple, Pork and Leek and Pork and Herb. Newer flavours gaining in popularity include pork and caramelised onion and pork and sweet chilli.
Source: Love Pork
View the Arthur Pipkins range of Sausage Mixes
An attractive and diverse range of products on display at a farm shop in Lancashire.
A more Autumnal feel to Innovative Food Ingredient’s Product Demonstrations.
- A customer favourite… Lafiness Coffee & Black Pepper on Rib Eye Steak. An exotic and spicy blend of ingredients including black pepper, paprika and a bittersweet roasted coffee flavour. Gluten FREE! Superb with all meats but Perfect with Beef and Game.
- Creamy Lafiness Herb Butter on Chicken Fillets. Flavours include; butter, savoury herbs and spices, garlic and a hint of lemon.
If you like the look of our latest demonstration please get in touch. One of our qualified butchers will create a bespoke demonstration based on innovative product ideas, versatility and generating more profit.
Get in touch today
Christmas Chicken with Pigs in Blankets and Stuffing Balls. Something special to offer your customers for the forthcoming festive season. Perfect for a family to share!
Method of Preparation
- Prepare Chicken and stuff with 1lb Arthur Pipkins Cumberland Sausage Meat
- Tie Chicken into a cushion
- Pour on Lafiness Herb Butter Marinade
- Use string to hold Smoked Streaky Bacon in place.
- Wrap the cocktail sausages with streaky bacon at regular intervals
- Slow cook for 1hr 15mins at 160oC, Gas mark 3
- Top with Sage & Onion Stuffing balls
- Cook for a further 25 mins