Created especially for UK Sausage Week:
Arthur Pipkins Premium Pork, Hickory and Chipotle Sausage with corn and Cajun rice.
- 8 Arthur Pipkins Premium Pork, Hickory and Chipotle Sausages
- 4 corn on the cob
- 20g butter
- ½ lime juice and zest
- 200g brown rice
- 20g Cajun seasoning
- 500ml light vegetable stock
- 100g pinto beans
- 100ml soured cream
- 5g snipped chive and fresh coriander for garnish
- Wash the rice well, then cook in the vegetable stock for 10 minutes then add the Cajun seasoning and the pinto beans. Season to taste.
- Boil the corn on the cob until tender (approx. 10 mins) and finish in a dry, scorching hot frying pan to add a blackened style appearance.
- Rub with butter, a squeeze of fresh lime and the grated rind.
- Grill the sausages for approx. 8 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Mix the chives through the soured cream.
Mound the rice and beans in the centre of a dish, add the cooked sausages, corn, a few scoops of the chive soured cream and some fresh coriander for garnish.