Created especially for UK Sausage Week:
Arthur Pipkins Premium Gluten Free Cumberland Sausage Swirl and Roasted Vegetables
- Arthur Pipkins Cumberland sausage swirl (approx. 500g)
- 4 red onions
- 2 parsnips
- 6 rashers of smoked bacon
- 4 carrots
- 10 new potatoes cut in half
- 200g diced squash
- 200g Brussel sprouts cut in half
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed
- 100ml chicken stock
- 65ml light oil
- Cut the bacon into thin strips and cook in a casserole pan.
- Cut the onions through the root into ⅙ths
- Peel, ¼ and roughly chop the parsnips and carrots.
- Combine with the rest of the vegetables and drizzle in 65ml of lightly flavoured oil such as light olive oil.
- To the bacon in the pan, add onions and garlic and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on a moderate heat for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables begin to take on some colour.
- Flatten out the vegetables in the pan and add the chicken stock (100ml).
- Place the sausage swirl on top and cook uncovered at 170°C in a fan oven for 30-40 minutes until the sausage is well cooked and the vegetables are roasted and soft.
- To serve – Plate up the sausage with the roast vegetable medley and pour over some delicious gravy.